Smoked Kielbasa with Rice Recipe
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute the kielbasa, onion and bacon until onion is tender; drain. Add the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, horseradish, water, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Kielbasa with Rice(9)
Sort By :
Followed the recipe here step by step, didn't omit or add anything, and it was rather tasty ! We will try other variations I the future, but at first try I give it five stats.
Very good flavor, just the right amount of "kick".
My kids love this! We don't really care for the horseradish though. It is still very good without it!
Delicious!!! I didn't really think the bacon would add a whole lot to the dish (since kielbasa is so full of flavor), so I left it out. I may add it the next time I make it...
Very good. I omitted the brown sugar; thought the sauce didn't need it.