Smoked Kielbasa with Rice Recipe
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute the kielbasa, onion and bacon until onion is tender; drain. Add the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, horseradish, water, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Smoked Kielbasa with Rice(8)
Sort By :
Very good flavor, just the right amount of "kick".
My kids love this! We don't really care for the horseradish though. It is still very good without it!
Delicious!!! I didn't really think the bacon would add a whole lot to the dish (since kielbasa is so full of flavor), so I left it out. I may add it the next time I make it...
Very good. I omitted the brown sugar; thought the sauce didn't need it.
The entire family loved this one!