Smoked Kielbasa with Rice Recipe
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute the kielbasa, onion and bacon until onion is tender; drain. Add the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, horseradish, water, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Smoked Kielbasa with Rice
Sort By :
I have made this several times, I cut the brown sugar in half and it is plenty sweet. Tonight I doubled the sauce, still halved the brown sugar and made it with chicken wings.. it was the best chicken we've ever hadI!! I will make it this way from now on.
Followed the recipe here step by step, didn't omit or add anything, and it was rather tasty ! We will try other variations I the future, but at first try I give it five stats.
Very good flavor, just the right amount of "kick".
My kids love this! We don't really care for the horseradish though. It is still very good without it!
Delicious!!! I didn't really think the bacon would add a whole lot to the dish (since kielbasa is so full of flavor), so I left it out. I may add it the next time I make it...