- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup salsa
- Reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and pepper flakes until combined. Add beans and rice; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of filling off-center on each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quick Bean and Rice Burritos
Sort By :
"it was edible"
"Sometimes the best recipes are the most simple. I made this for me and my honey for the Super Bowl and we both loved them. I am veg and he is not so I needed to find something we would both enjoy. Will make this again."
"I made this and the whole family loved it!"
"I just made it and......I looooved it! I went back for seconds. I will definitely be making this regularly! Thanks so much for this tasty treat. Yummy!"
"We all liked this, sorry I added more garlic, as we prefer plenty of garlic, apart from that did as I was told and it tasted great. Will do again, made plenty froze some , then later in the week did more wraps still tasted good"