- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- Place the basil, cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the pine nuts, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream. Stir in tomatoes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over each fillet; wrap with a prosciutto slice. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and brush with remaining olive oil. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Prosciutto-Wrapped Haddock in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p58
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Prosciutto-Wrapped Haddock
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review