Easy Haddock Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the soup, lemon juice and sherry or broth. Pour over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in bread crumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle over fillets. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 219 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 1, 2013
Add some dried onion & garlic powder to the shrimp mix. Drain off the excess water, use Panko & mix in 1 tablespoon of cream at the end. yum.
Feb 16, 2013
Easy, quick, and very delicious! I used panko for the bread crumbs.
Dec 28, 2012
I have to search for the soup, but it is a soup I keep on hand now juat for this recipe.
Apr 26, 2012
This is my Husband's and Son's favorite recipe. It is elegant enough to serve to ourspecial friends
Mar 9, 2012
This was an "ok" dish I used fish that was frozen so I thawed it and patted dry but still had lots of water in dish after baking, I spooned out as much of the water as i could. I would recommend fresh fish but the main reason I won't make it again is because my husband hated it & only two of my four children liked it.
Feb 21, 2012
This recipe was very delicious! It was incredibly easy to make. I was worried it might be a little salty because of the soup but the taste was perfect. It most certainly did not taste like fish with a can of soup on it. Even my boyfriend who is very picky about fish loved it! My supermarket did not have Haddock for some reason, so I made it with two pounds of fresh cod filets. I am new to cooking with fish and thought my pieces might be too thick to cook through, but the directions were perfect. I left mine in for the full 10 minutes after I put the breadcrumbs on, and the fish was perfectly done. Will definitely make this again! Very good!
Mar 11, 2011
This was a big hit! My husband loved it and he isn't a big fan of fish.
Feb 25, 2011
I have made this recipe many times. Everyone raves about it. I also substitute cracker crumbs on top, instead of bread crumbs.
Apr 30, 2008
This recipe was excellent. Being sheelfish allergic I substituded cream of mushroom soup in place of the shrimp. This was easy to prepare and tasted wonderful.