Tomato Baked Haddock
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Place the fillets, skin side down, in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Dec 7, 2012
Simple easy and elegant!
Feb 3, 2010
This was very good. Didn't have mozzarella so used parmegiano reggiano, still tasted great, will make regularly.
Sep 20, 2009
I used garden tomatoes and added fresh green corriander seeds from the garden,a tsp hot red chillie flakes,and some basil.Thank you for the inspiration..Great dish..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.