- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Add onion and garlic; cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes and parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spread oil and butter in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Place fillets in pan. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
1 fillet: 405 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
- Feb 9, 2019
This was hands down delicious! We loved everything about this dish. I don’t cook a lot of fish at home but that has changed with this recipe. I will be making this for years to come!
- Nov 21, 2018
Wow! Truly a company worthy recipe. I didn’t make any alterations.
- Jun 15, 2018
Perfect. Had this with cod, and the ingredients and method were spot-on. We both really enjoyed this, and I'll be making it again for sure.
- Aug 1, 2017
This was excellent! My husband and I enjoyed this very much.
- Jan 20, 2014
solo puedo describirlo como rico,sabroso y nutritivo.Todo un exito
- Dec 19, 2012
made this for dinner tonight and it came out awesome. made it just as written but added 3 garlic cloves instead of 1 and a little extra lemon juice. everyone ate it up no leftovers! very good. defiantly a keeper. would try this breadcrumb mix on chicken too.
- Jan 28, 2012
Made this dish for dinner last night and it was excellent. Made this a written with the exception of adding some Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture. It also makes a nice presentation for company. Will be making again.
- Sep 24, 2011
I think this recipe is wonderful just the way it is. The bacon didn't taste overwhelming at all. A great blend between onion,bacon,and garlic!
- Aug 31, 2011
The only modifications I made to this recipe were to halve the topping ingredients since I only had two haddock fillets.This recipe is absolutely delicious. If you are a true fish lover however, this may not be your favorite - the bacon flavor is stronger than the fish flavor. But who doesn't love a little bacon??!!
- Aug 14, 2011
Excellent! Even my son who doesn't like fish said he would eat it again. My store didn't have any haddock, so I replaced it with cod.