Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 haddock, sole or cod fillet (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in crackers and enough water to hold mixture together. Cut a pocket into side of fillet; stuff with cracker mixture.
- Place in a greased baking dish. Combine soup and sour cream; spread over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Aug 15, 2012
I spread mayo on the inside ,then I added salad shrimp to the filling. It was so rich you had to eat the whole thing.
Feb 16, 2010
I used cream of mushroom soup instead of celery and it added a great flavor. I also used panko breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning instead of butter-flavored crackers. Great recipe!