Light Strawberry Gelatin Pie Recipe
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in sliced strawberries. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and a berry half. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Strawberry Gelatin Pie(71)
Sort By :
I made this pie years ago when our children were young back in the 70's. Glad to see you are bringing them back with alterations for diabetics.
Easy and quick to make. Delicious, refreshing for a light summer dessert. My hubby and son loved it. Added a couple drops of almond extract. Used Cool Whip!
Nice texture and flavor!
Verrry easy to make, excellent flavor!
Made with regular strawberry gelatin and did not add the 3T sugar. It was easy and bright. The family loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Pie >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >