There's plenty of sweet berry flavor in this refreshing dessert. Made with sugar-free gelatin and a graham cracker crust, the summery pie is easy to fix and attractive enough to serve to guests. I sometimes substitute fresh peaches and peach gelatin. —D. Smith, Feasterville-Trevose, Pennsylvania.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in sliced strawberries. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and a berry half. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Pie in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p14
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Strawberry Gelatin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review