Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Greek or Italian salad dressing, divided
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, beans, cucumber, pepperoncini and olives. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, drizzle remaining dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Greek-Inspired Quinoa Salad(18)
Sort By :
Thought this was really great! Will make again for sure.
First time trying quinoa and I really liked this; my husband, who is the one who wanted to try it, just thought it was OK. I left out the olives because we don't like them and used fresh spinach, as suggested. The feta really came through strong, but I thought it was good like that.
I can't believe I've got my husband eating quinoa. Since there's just 2 of us, I halve the quinoa and also substitute broccoli for the spinach. I use 1/4c jalepeno instead of pepperoncinis and add at one time 1/2c of either Newmans Greek or Annie's Organic Asiago or it has a tendency to dry out over the course of the week.
Good stuff! This was my first try at quinoa, and it made it very approachable!
I have made this a few times with the same results . This is a keeper. I keep giving out this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >