- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over salmon. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, toss salad greens with cucumber, tomato and cheese; divide among four plates. Top with salmon; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Feta Salmon Salad
"Great salad, especially washed down with a Sauvignon Blanc. I actually used grated spinach leaves instead of parsley and it worked! Despite being from the UK, I have also visited a pub in Mount Pleasant SC, is it Sticky Fingers your son orders the salmon sandwich in??"
"DELCIOUS! as my husband put it - restaurant quality!"
"Looks delicious. I'm gonna have this for tonight dinner!"
"Added carrots, red onion and greek olives. Also made basil vinaigrette (TOH) - delicious!"
"Have made this a few times now, usually as a supper meal with pasta and a warm veg. Really enjoy the combination of feta and salmon."
"Wonderful! Next time we're going to try it in a wrap."
"My family loves salmon dishes, but will not make this when my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. This recipe is awesome though, and one we'll make many more times, just not when he's here."
"This is a wonderful concept. I added some capsicum (red/orange pepper) to the salad and made the spice mix up with what I had on hand. My father, who's birthday lunch this was prepared for, said it was better than a restaurant!"