- 12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole. Yield: 12 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Casserole
Sort By :
"This recipe is a total keeper! I've served it both to family and friends and everyone loves it, I even made a vegetarian version leaving out the Canadian Bacon and serving sliced avocado and tomato on the side to "bulk" it up a little. I admit, I usually cheat and use a packaged Hollandaise though!"
"This is now our go to Christmas morning breakfast! Love, love it!!!!"
"Super yummy and so much easier than traditional eggs benedict!"
"This recipe is so easy and it's a big hit with the family. It's great served on Thanksgiving or Christmas morning since all you have to do is pop it in the oven. And to make it easier, use the pre-made hollandaise sauce package where you just add water! Still a nice thick and flavor sauce."
"My Family thought this dish was super for a Sunday Brunch or anytime. Instead of using the hollandaise sauce I used a Béarnaise sauce which worked out really well for my family."