- 12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole. Yield: 12 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Eggs Benedict Casserole
Sort By :
"This was very quick to assemble and I always appreciate brunch recipes that you can make the night before. However, I didn't care for the taste or texture of this dish. The texture was quite mushy - like bread pudding. Maybe toasting the muffins first would have helped like others have suggested. The flavour was quite bland, I would definitely suggest adding something other than just onion powder to the eggs - salt and pepper for sure.. I made my own recipe for hollandaise so can't comment on the one for this recipe. Unfortunately I won't be keeping the leftovers."
"Very easy and quick to prepare. Nice flavor. I also used the packaged hollandaise sauce. Next time, I'll try making my own."
"In Canada we call Canadian bacon "ham". LOL"
"Just delicious. And the hollandaise is so yummy!"
"This casserole really lacked flavor. All I could taste was the hollandaise sauce. I made this for breakfast when we had overnight guests -eight for breakfast, including my family. Most of the casserole was leftover, which tells me that no one enjoyed it."