My husband grew up in southern California and loves chorizo. We use the spicy sausage in these wraps that our children call “Daddy's Eggs.”—April Nissen, Yankton, SD
Recommended: From the Cooking School Stage to Your Kitchen
- 12 ounces fresh chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, minced fresh cilantro and salsa
- Remove chorizo from casings. In a large skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until cooked through, breaking into crumbles.; drain and return to pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add egg mixture to chorizo. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup egg mixture across center of each tortilla. Add toppings of your choice. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Eggs and Chorizo Wraps in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2015, p48
Reviews for Eggs & Chorizo Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review