- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 prebaked 12-inch pizza crusts
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, optional
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place crusts on ungreased pizza pans or baking sheets. Combine beans and salsa; spread over crusts. Top with beef mixture, chips and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomatoes and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 pizzas (6-8 slices each).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Taco Pizza
"Loved the warmth from the pizza and the crispness from the lettuce and tomato toppings. A great substitute for taco night!"
"All I can say is WOW or that's what my kids said after making this tonight. We searched the internet for a taco pizza recipe and came across this one. We used Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix and Doritos. I added the Doritos after the pizza came out of the oven. We will definitely make again. One of my daughter's said better than a restaurant."
"My Boyfriend absolutely loved this pizza. If anyone want to add a kick to it try crunching up Doritos instead of regular chips on top. yummy yummy!!!!"
"This is the best taco pizza we have ever eaten! I used precooked taco meat from our local grocery store and omitted the taco seasoning. I used one cup mild cheddar cheese and one cup mozzarella. Yummy!"
"Very Similar to Casey's Taco Pizza. I used the Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos. Topped it off with Ortega Taco sauce..It was good! Quick and easy."