- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 6 slices process American cheese
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, bread crumbs and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of waxed paper, pat beef mixture into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spread remaining ketchup over meat to within 1/2 in. of long sides and 1-1/2 in. of short sides. Top with mustard and relish.
- Place four cheese slices on top; set remaining cheese aside. Roll up loaf, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and pulling away waxed paper while rolling. Seal seams and ends well. Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cut the reserved cheese slices in half diagonally; place on top of loaf. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Meat Loaf
"love this recipe one of my go to meatloaf recipes"
"Hubby loves it!"
"This has become a favorite of mine. I am not very good at rolling it, so I use shredded cheese instead and mix it in with the beef and glaze it with 2T. ketchup and 1 T. corn syrup after it has been baking for 45 minutes. Then let it bake an additional 15 minutes. It is excellent."
"Everyone loved this in my family. Luckily, I made double. You can add extras to make it just the way you like. I like that it cooked faster than a usual meatloaf."
"Delicious! It does taste like a cheeseburger without the bun! Add some oven fried potatoes for an easy oven prepared meal!"
"We all like this spin on meatloaf! I sometimes add liquid smoke to flavor it more like a burger, and any leftovers are cut and served on buns the next day. Kid friendly, yet my husband likes it too."
"Kids liked the cheeseburger taste."
"Tasty, but I'm not coordinated enough to make it work!"
"I do not like meat loaf....this I love and so does my husband. Thank you for such a great recipe."
"I added a little salt and liquid smoke to this. It took longer to cook than I expected, but that was likely due to it being rolled. I served this on chopped lettuce and tomato and put mayo and ketchup on when I served it. I was also generous with the relish and mustard. Yummy recipe, I highly recommend it!"