- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 6 slices process American cheese
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, bread crumbs and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of waxed paper, pat beef mixture into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spread remaining ketchup over meat to within 1/2 in. of long sides and 1-1/2 in. of short sides. Top with mustard and relish.
- Place four cheese slices on top; set remaining cheese aside. Roll up loaf, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and pulling away waxed paper while rolling. Seal seams and ends well. Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cut the reserved cheese slices in half diagonally; place on top of loaf. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Meat Loaf
"love this recipe one of my go to meatloaf recipes"
"Hubby loves it!"
"This has become a favorite of mine. I am not very good at rolling it, so I use shredded cheese instead and mix it in with the beef and glaze it with 2T. ketchup and 1 T. corn syrup after it has been baking for 45 minutes. Then let it bake an additional 15 minutes. It is excellent."
"Everyone loved this in my family. Luckily, I made double. You can add extras to make it just the way you like. I like that it cooked faster than a usual meatloaf."
"Delicious! It does taste like a cheeseburger without the bun! Add some oven fried potatoes for an easy oven prepared meal!"