Cheeseburger Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 6 slices process American cheese
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup ketchup, egg, bread crumbs and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of waxed paper, pat beef mixture into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spread remaining ketchup over meat to within 1/2 in. of long sides and 1-1/2 in. of short sides. Top with mustard and relish.
- Place four cheese slices on top; set remaining cheese aside. Roll up loaf, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and pulling away waxed paper while rolling. Seal seams and ends well. Place loaf, seam side down, in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cut the reserved cheese slices in half diagonally; place on top of loaf. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Meat Loaf(19)
Sort By :
Tasty, but I'm not coordinated enough to make it work!
I do not like meat loaf....this I love and so does my husband. Thank you for such a great recipe.
I added a little salt and liquid smoke to this. It took longer to cook than I expected, but that was likely due to it being rolled. I served this on chopped lettuce and tomato and put mayo and ketchup on when I served it. I was also generous with the relish and mustard. Yummy recipe, I highly recommend it!
Yum! I'll have to try both the Worcestershire and the french fried onions.
This recipe is delicious!! In place of onion powder, I use about 2 tablespoons of grated onion (makes the loaf even juicier!), and whatever kind of shredded cheese I have, on the top. My kid like this with ketchup on the side, and any kind of potatoes :)
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >