Cheeseburger Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Spoon beef mixture into cups; top with cheese cubes. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Cups
Sort By :
"I love this recipe as do my kids - it is so easy and it is like a sloppy joe that is in a cup - really good."
"FANTASTIC!!! Decreased brown sugar to 1Tablespoon and it was plenty sweet. Added onion to browning meat. Instead of cubed "Velveeta" I used shredded Colby Jack cheese. Absolutely YUMMY! Husband loved it and daughter is making it tomorrow night. Nice & Easy! Thankx!"
"What in the Sam Hill is brown sugar doing in this recipe! When was the last time YOU put brown sugar on YOUR cheeseburger! No wonder kids are overwieght these days!"
"These were SO good! I cut the brown sugar down to 1 tbsp and added diced onion and onion powder and used colby jack cheese cubes that I had on hand instead of Velveeta (taking note of the sodium comments left by others here). I also used 3/4 lb. of ground beef and that seemed to be the perfect meat-to-biscuit ratio. I served these with french fries, which definitely does not make for the healthiest dinner, but it is fun to splurge occasionally! Everything turned out perfect and my husband, kids, and I DEVOURED every last one! I can't wait to make them again!"
"My picky husband loved these, although, I would probably use only 1 Tbsp of brown sugar. I used my own tea biscuit recipe, which makes 12 biscuits. Used maxi muffin tins. Set one biscuit in each tin, then used a floured glass to make the well of dough. Had slightly more (18oz) hamburger, but the ratio of sauce to meat was fine. I used all the meat in the 12 biscuits, and put half a slice, folded, of velveeta cheese slice on each one before baking them at 425' for 10 min. Cooked perfectly. Definitely a keeper."