Lentil Taco Cups
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 1 can (15 ounces) lentils, drained
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives and chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press warm tortillas into 12 greased muffin cups, pleating sides as needed. In a large bowl, combine the lentils, pico de gallo, enchilada sauce and taco seasoning. Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese. Divide lentil mixture among cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, for the crema, combine sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Serve cups with crema, lettuce, olives and tomatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 taco cups: 303 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2019
I was a little dubious about how good this would be with only lentils as a base, so I used half of the lentils and half a pound of ground turkey taco meat. This recipe is full of flavor! My meat-loving husband enjoyed it and said it's a keeper. 2 out of 3 kids liked it, too! Next time I'm going to use all lentils!