Stuffed Green Pepper Cups
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 4 medium green peppers
- Crumble beef into a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl; add the onion. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, water, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Stir in rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove tops and seeds from peppers; cut in half lengthwise. Stuff with meat mixture; place in an ungreased microwave-safe shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until peppers are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1226mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 22, 2012
like this recipe it's quick and easy. I made even quicker from left over meatloaf.
Dec 15, 2010
very easy to make!
Aug 18, 2010
I use my homemade salsa instead of the onion and tomato sauce, gives a bit more flavor. This is really an easy recipe to prepare.
Jun 28, 2010
I made this with lean ground pork instead, since I had some in the freezer. I also baked mine in the oven instead of the microwave, leaving out the water. They turned out good, but the seasining was lacking a little. I'll use beef next time and make a few adustments with the seasonings.
May 7, 2009
This recipe is the best! I've been making it since it was first published. My entire family loves it and my grandchildren gladly work in the garden as long as there are green peppers planted for mom-mom's stuffed peppers. I rate these a "strong" 5.