Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Place first six ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until lentils are tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Stir zucchini, taco sauce and cheese into lentils. To serve, place about 1/2 cup lentil mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 313 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 15, 2014
It was okay, considering that it is healthy and cheap, but I think I would rather just have a normal taco or burrito
Sep 8, 2011
This a great idea for a healthy lunch. I didn't have taco sauce so I used salsa instead and I topped the finished burrito with cheddar, extra salsa and hot sauce. Also plain yogurt might taste good on top.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.