Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large saucepan, bring the lentils, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 11g fiber), 17g protein.
Jan 22, 2014
This was so simple to make and was delicious and filling!
Oct 14, 2013
Delicious and ridiculously easy! My family loves it.
Feb 22, 2011
what a wonderful weekday dish. comes together with little effort. tastes great and is very warm and satisfying on a winter's night. a keeper. (did substitute low sodium beef broth for water & bouillon cube. added no salt seasoning blend. so we could feel pretty healthy too!
Jan 12, 2010
We're trying to eat healthier so I tried this recipe. I did add a can of diced tomatoes and a little salt and pepper. We loved it and would definitely make it again.