- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat; set aside.
Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Spoon beef mixture into cups; top with cheese cubes. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in a freezer container, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, thaw pastries in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Cups
Sort By :
"I added about 1/2c of chopped onion and 1 clove of minced garlic to the ground beef while I was cooking it. Delicious recipe - my whole family of picky eaters enjoyed it!"
"Delicious and easy. Toddler boys, in-laws and husband love the recipe."
"Family was totally amazed by this. I can see different variations coming out of this."
"Our kids are now out of the house but we still make these because they are so darn good. We use 1/4 cup of ketchup and a 1/4 cup of chili sauce to jazz it up a little. You can also chop up a little onion and sweat with the beef. I also cut the brown sugar to 1 tbl."
"This sounds so good, but I do have to say now with the price of ground beef, it is not as inexpensive as it used to be, which is so sad because ground beef used to be the cheapest meal."