Cheeseburger Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Spoon beef mixture into cups; top with cheese cubes. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Cups
Sort By :
These were SO good! I cut the brown sugar down to 1 tbsp and added diced onion and onion powder and used colby jack cheese cubes that I had on hand instead of Velveeta (taking note of the sodium comments left by others here). I also used 3/4 lb. of ground beef and that seemed to be the perfect meat-to-biscuit ratio. I served these with french fries, which definitely does not make for the healthiest dinner, but it is fun to splurge occasionally! Everything turned out perfect and my husband, kids, and I DEVOURED every last one! I can't wait to make them again!
My picky husband loved these, although, I would probably use only 1 Tbsp of brown sugar. I used my own tea biscuit recipe, which makes 12 biscuits. Used maxi muffin tins. Set one biscuit in each tin, then used a floured glass to make the well of dough. Had slightly more (18oz) hamburger, but the ratio of sauce to meat was fine. I used all the meat in the 12 biscuits, and put half a slice, folded, of velveeta cheese slice on each one before baking them at 425' for 10 min. Cooked perfectly. Definitely a keeper.
My husband and 2 children under the age of 3 devoured these buns. Excellent with side salad or veggies & dip.
Very good and fun! Great dinner for a quiet Friday night with some crinkle cut French fries. Love these!
Quick, easy, and budget friendly. I cook for two and it was easy to reduce ingredients. I used small tubes of biscuits and half of everything else. Did use shredded cheese (variety of types for different moods). Great. Will do again
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >