- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup. Spoon beef mixture into cups; top with cheese cubes. Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Cheeseburger Cups
Sort By :
"Our kids are now out of the house but we still make these because they are so darn good. We use 1/4 cup of ketchup and a 1/4 cup of chili sauce to jazz it up a little. You can also chop up a little onion and sweat with the beef. I also cut the brown sugar to 1 tbl."
"This sounds so good, but I do have to say now with the price of ground beef, it is not as inexpensive as it used to be, which is so sad because ground beef used to be the cheapest meal."
"I made these for Halloween dinner and they were such a hit that I've made them three more times since. I added a dill pickle slice between the meat and cheese which finished off the full burger flavor. The meat flavor is perfect as is, but I have used both cheddar and velveeta cheese on separate occasions - Velveeta cheese seems to be everyone's favorite so I will stick with that. This is a keeper and very quick and easy to make."
"This was easy and so delicious."
"Thought these were simple and good! Only used what I had on hand, so I made simple biscuits from scratch and used ground turkey. I didn't have Worcestershire so I did soy sauce instead, and omitted the brown sugar, since I'm not a BBQ sauce person. Also added garlic, onion and fresh parsley while sauteeing the meat. Fed 2 adults and three kids under 6. Everyone was happy. :) will definitely make again."