- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBeef and Spinach Lasagna
"This has been the only Lasagna recipe I have used since I found it! easy and very DELICIOUS! So happy I found this recipe!"
"Simple and awesome!"
"Delicious! One of my family's favorite recipes. I usually add fresh sauteed mushrooms & use fresh cooked spinach instead."
"Delicious! My husband says 2 thumbs up!"
"Very good everyone I made it for asked for the recipe"
"This recipe sounds so very easy and it looks delicious. I cant wait to try it!!"
"So yummy! My whole family loves this. I have a very picky toddler who will eat every last bite of this recipe"
"Made this for my family last night and instead of making it in a 9X13 pan I put it into 2 foil cake pans and put one in the freezer for later. Everyone loved it!"
"My family loved this! In fact, my husband said this was the best lasagna I have ever made. The spinach added such a great texture."
"Quite tasty. Had to improvise a bit because I didn't have all the ingredients. Had to use cottage cheese and sour cream, ground turkey, and had to make tomato sauce from canned tomatoes."