- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup shredded peeled potato (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- In a sieve or colander, drain the zucchini and potato, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, baking soda, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs until blended. Add the onion, garlic and zucchini mixture; toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forZucchini and Potato Pancakes
"I make these as an appetizers for my partiesThey are always a big hit. I make them ahead and warm in oven. Also serve with sour cream with a hint of basil."
"Made a double recipe, added a grated carrot (my idea) and more spice as suggested in comments, and turned mixture into a casserole coated with cooking spray. Baked mixture into a Swiss rosti pancake in a 350 oven for 40 minutes. Love the taste! Pancake is nice and moist. I served it with scallion sour cream."
"I really enjoyed these, but my boyfriend and a friend of ours said they were bland. Next time, I'll add seasoned salt, and possibly a packet of hidden valley ranch dressing powder to add some more seasoning."