Tuscan-Style Grilled Trout
My husband is an avid fisherman, so I am challenged to create recipes featuring his catch. The Tuscan accents really shine through, making this grilled entree a favorite. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
Makes4 servings (3 cups relish)
- 4 pan-dressed trout (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Rub trout with oil. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, red peppers, tapenade, parsley, garlic and vinegar; spoon into fish cavities.
- Place fish in a well-greased grill basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish is browned on the bottom. Turn; grill 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients; serve with trout.
Nutrition Facts1 grilled trout with 3/4 cup relish: 369 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Tuscan Style Grilled Trout in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.