Tuscan-Style Grilled Trout
My husband is an avid fisherman, so I have the fun of creating recipes featuring his catch. The Tuscan accents here really shine through, making this grilled entree a favorite. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 15 min.
Makes4 servings (3 cups relish)
- 4 pan-dressed trout (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Rub trout with oil. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, red peppers, tapenade, parsley, garlic and vinegar; spoon into fish cavities.
- Place fish in a well-greased grill basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat until fish is browned on the bottom, 8-10 minutes. Turn; grill until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5-7 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients; serve with trout.