Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 pan-dressed trout
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Combine the soy sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, oil and rosemary; pour two-thirds of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate bag for 1 hour, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place fish in a single layer in a well-greased hinged wire grill basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish is browned on the bottom. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon if desired.
Jun 27, 2015
Fabulous! It was proclaimed best grilled fish ever by family. I did use steelhead trout as did the previous reviewer as that is what I had on hand.
Nov 24, 2012
I used steelhead fillets was very good and definitely a keeper :)
Jul 14, 2011
Tried it tonight. I ended up marinating it overnight instead of for 1 hour, and it turned out super well. My husband said "we have to make this again...tomorrow night?!". A keeper for sure
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.