Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 pan-dressed trout
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Combine the soy sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, oil and rosemary; pour two-thirds of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate bag for 1 hour, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place fish in a single layer in a well-greased hinged wire grill basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish is browned on the bottom. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon if desired.
Sep 22, 2019
We had this on BBQ sea bream and it was Incredible. We substituted rosemary with oregano as it was all we had and added a teaspoon of garlic. Will definitely use this time and again.
Jun 27, 2015
Fabulous! It was proclaimed best grilled fish ever by family. I did use steelhead trout as did the previous reviewer as that is what I had on hand.
Nov 24, 2012
I used steelhead fillets was very good and definitely a keeper :)
Jul 14, 2011
Tried it tonight. I ended up marinating it overnight instead of for 1 hour, and it turned out super well. My husband said "we have to make this again...tomorrow night?!". A keeper for sure