These homemade crackers are decidedly light and crispy. An addictive snack on their own, they also pair well with a sharp white cheddar. —Jessica Wirth, Charlotte, North Carolina
Featured In: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flours and salt. Gradually add water and 1/4 cup oil, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into three portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick each cracker with a fork; brush lightly with remaining oil. Mix thyme and sea salt; sprinkle over crackers.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Thyme-Sea Salt Crackers in Country Woman October/November 2014
Reviews forThyme-Sea Salt Crackers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2018
"Crunchy, salty crackers. If I knew years ago how easy it was make crackers, geez!I'll be making these again! With as popular as it is to serve Charcuterie, these are a MUST-HAVE!"