Thyme-Marinated Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the wine or broth, 1 tablespoon thyme and garlic; add pork. Seal bag and shake to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Turn and refrigerate 30 minutes longer.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining thyme. Coat pork chops on both sides with crumb mixture. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil for 8 minutes on each side or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 287 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 22, 2016
I copied this recipe into my recipe file years ago. Just tried it for the first time last night. We really liked it & I will definitely make this again.
Sep 15, 2015
One of my favorite ways to make chops. I also use boneless or thin cut and just reduce the cooking times. Always a winner.