Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-hot heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water and onion soup mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; cook until heated through (do not boil). Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 250 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jan 8, 2017
This is easy and very tasty. A keeper! Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Aug 26, 2011
I have made this recipe many times, but instead of the cream of mushroom soup, I use cream of mushroom and garlic soup and beef broth instead of water. It gives it a better flavor.
Feb 19, 2011
My whole family loves this recipe. I have made it numerous times and it is always good.
Jul 28, 2010
I loved it, husband did not care for the onion flavor. I don't think it was that strong but the next time I make it will probably only use 1/2 pkg of onion soup mix.
Jul 23, 2010
When shopping before making this meal, we accidentally brought home a can of condensed beef vegetable soup. We used it in place of the cream of mushroom and it was delicious! We'll have to make it again with the mushroom soup.
Jun 28, 2010
My family loves this recipe - my four year old asks for this every week! And its sooo easy!
Mar 9, 2009
I will have to try this.
Mar 9, 2009
Love this recipe! It is easy to make and a great fast meal when you need it. Everyone that I have made it for loves this dish, even the picky eaters!
Sep 28, 2008
I always loved it when my mom made this recipe for our family. Now that I am married and have a home of my own it is still a regular item on our menu.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.