Easy Sausage Stroganoff
This recipe calls for sausage instead of beef, making it an enticing economical meal. My family loves this dish served with salad and oven-fresh rolls.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms; cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining broth and flour; stir until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sour cream. Stir until heated through (do not boil). Add parsley if desired. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 415 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Stroganoff in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.