When my daughters were little, the only meats they ate were hot dogs and hamburger. But when I served this dish, they loved it!—Karen Kurtz, Muskegon, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/4 cups hot water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Melt butter in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; arrange meat evenly in dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-1/2 minutes, stirring once. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir flour and soup mix into drippings until blended. Gradually add water, stirring until smooth. Add mushrooms and beef.
- Cover and microwave on high for 13-14 minutes or until the meat is tender and the sauce is thickened, stirring several times. Stir in the sour cream. Serve with noodles.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 189 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Microwave Stroganoff in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.