Tandoori-Style Chicken with Cucumber Melon Relish
We all need a quick meal that's deliciously healthy. I marinate the chicken before I leave to work, and when I get home, I grill the chicken and make the relish. My husband loves the spicy flavor. To amp up the heat, add more crushed red pepper flakes. —Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garam masala, salt and pepper flakes until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate up to 6 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- For relish, in a small bowl, mix cantaloupe, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, mint and remaining lemon juice.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, on a lightly oiled rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Serve with relish and reserved marinade. If desired, sprinkle with almonds.