- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, mix the first 10 ingredients. Stir in pork, onion, green pepper and pineapple. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice.
To make ahead: In a large resealable plastic freezer bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add pork, onion, green pepper and pineapple; seal bag, turn to coat, then freeze. To use, place filled freezer bag in refrigerator 48 hours or until contents are completely thawed. Cook as directed. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Sweet-and-Sour Pork
"I made this for the first time for dinner last night. I followed recipe except I used a RED bell pepper since it's what I had on hand, The pork was done in under 4 hours. The onion and bell peppers pieces still had a little crunch, which we liked. My husband said this recipe was restaurant quality! We both enjoyed it very much!"
"Too sweet for me."
"Family liked this meal. Will make it again."
"While my kitchen was being refitted I was desperate to cook a tasty meal in my slow cooker. This fitted the bill perfectly and everyone loved it. I used fresh ginger and may try without all the white sugar next time . Really recommend and so simple to prepare."
"Really good...will make it again."
"Eiyse, should have been 5 stars. Thanks again."
"Made it yesterday .. served with brown rice...excellent......definitely make it again."
"Loved it! Added baby carrots."
"This sweet and sour was very good! I actually made mine with chicken breast cubes, cooked on high for 3 1/2 hours and added a few baby carrots. It was a little on the sweet side (I will use only brown sugar next time, but overall the flavors are great!"