Slimy Red Goop Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup cola
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a large saucepan, bring mandarin orange juice and water to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola.
- Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 50 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in reserved oranges. Refrigerate 3 hours longer or until set.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 166 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 25, 2017
Great Halloween recipe
Oct 25, 2013
This was a huge hit at a True Blood finale party as "The True Death." Simple, refreshing and delicious!
Oct 27, 2012
Everyone LOVED this recipe last year. The kids and adults alike. Panicked when I couldn't find my copy of it from last year. A couple friends are already asking if I will serve this at our annual Halloween get together. So many of these so-called Halloween recipes don't actually taste good. This one does.It stores well and really does look CREEPY!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.