Raspberry Congealed Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Mayonnaise, optional
- Drain pineapple and raspberries, reserving juices. Place fruit in a large bowl; set aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour over fruit mixture. Add the applesauce and pecans. Pour into a 1-qt. bowl. Chill until set. Spoon into individual dessert dishes; top with a dollop of mayonnaise if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 18, 2014
I;ve had this recipe in my files for quite some time and just tried it recently. It's a good use of the frozen raspberries I had from my garden last summer. I used sugar free gelatin and the results were very nice.
May 29, 2012
This was simple and refreshing with just enough sweetness. Perfect for a summer side dish or dessert.
Feb 2, 2011
This was very good. I used 2 cups still frozen mixed berries (from a one lb. package). I drained the pineapple, added water to make 1 cup and proceeded as recipe states. I then stirred in the applesauce and frozen berries. (omitted the nuts). Also added about 1/4 cup granular splenda because I used sugar free gelatin. Didnt' take long to set using the frozen berries. My kids love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.