Creepy-Crawly Pasta Salad
As a change of pace from pasta salads featuring Italian salad dressing or mayonnaise, our Test Kitchen developed a delicious sweet-and-sour dressing. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli or other spiral pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup colossal ripe olives, halved
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Add vegetables and olives.
- Place first seven dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; process until thickened. Add to salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 162 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Ghoulish Pasta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.