Fruity Eyeball Salad
A light mint dressing nicely coats assorted fruity "eyeballs" in this recipe from our Test Kitchen. Just watch this salad disappear from the buffet table!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups watermelon balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 cups honeydew balls
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- In a large bowl, combine the melon balls and grapes. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 85 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Fruity Eyeball Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.