Eyeball Taco Salad
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 slices tomato, halved
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 10 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 7-9 minutes. Stir in seasoning, tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread chips evenly in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into ten 5x3-in. portions. Top each with lettuce and onion. Add tomatoes, sour cream and olives to make eyeballs.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 569 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2013
Loved by the whole family!
Nov 10, 2011
My kids loved it and it doesn't have to be a holiday dish.
Oct 30, 2010
I have been making this recipe for 4 years now every Halloween it is delicious!! We have a party and everyone who comes wants to come back if I am making eyeball taco salad!
Oct 23, 2010
This recipe has become a Halloween tradtion for my family. My kids look forward to it every year.