- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute sausage and onion until onion is tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, corn, pepper and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Stir in spinach until wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSausage & Vegetable Skillet Dinner
"We really enjoyed this. It reminded of good o' country cooking. Shared with a few folks who are watching their diet. The chicken sausage cuts a lot of fat so they can have comfort food also."
"Due to our family size I had to double this recipe. This is one of those recipes that makes me happy that I have a mandolin as it makes quick work of slicing the potatoes and they are consistent in size for even cooking. I was tempted to not put in as much spinach because I have a couple of kids that don't particularly enjoy wilted spinach in their food but I went ahead and did and there were no complaints. That says something about the dish. Great weeknight meal!"
"I would like to give this recipe 5 stars but I only see possibility of 4 stars, so I will just hope that 5 stars appear when I submit my review. I made this dish, or at least a very similar one for dinner last night. I used hot Italian turkey sausage, and substituted chicken broth instead of using vegetable broth. I noticed that one reviewer suggested that 2 potatoes would be sufficient, and I thought so too. Everything came together brilliantly, and we really enjoyed this meal."
"I just made a few changes - used fresh corn cut off the cob and deglazed the pan with white wine instead of vegetable broth. The wine added great flavor! My mom and I loved it!"
"This is very tasty. I used bulk country sausage and frozen spinach because that is what I had, but other than that made as specified and we really liked it."
"I used Welshire Farms uncured Kielbasa, chicken broth but not as much as recommend, purple cabbage as another person did, and added strips of half a red bell pepper that I had. I forgot the spinach, oops. It was a delicious, and colorful dish. Will certainly make again. So nice that the changing of some ingredients didn't affect the success of the dish."
"We liked this as it was, but what is so nice about this is the ease of being able to swap ingredients around, LOVE that."