Sage & Prosciutto Pinwheels
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one pastry sheet. Spread 2 tablespoons mustard to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; top with half each of the chopped prosciutto and sage. Roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut roll crosswise into 18 slices.
- Place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked rolls on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, let rolls stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Cut and bake pinwheels as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 90 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 22, 2015
sounds good, but is it safe to thaw the pastry and then freeze it again before baking?
Oct 24, 2015
This was delicious, espcially the taste of the fresh sage, perfect for the holidays or a fall themed party. Made it as an appetizer for a family party and they loved it !! Will make for Thanksgiving..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.