Turn your leftovers into tasty empanadas using refrigerated pie pastry. We make these savory pastries and freeze them for a quick fix during the holidays. —Cheryl Marinaccio, Webster, New York
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup cooked stuffing
- 2 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons turkey gravy
- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Rubbed sage, optional
- Additional turkey gravy or whole-berry cranberry sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll 1 pastry. Roll out into a 12-in. circle. Cut with a floured 4-in. biscuit cutter. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with water; brush over edges of pastry circles. Place 1 tablespoon filling on 1 side. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with sage if desired. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, with gravy or cranberry sauce if desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries in resealable freezer containers. To use, reheat pastries on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 empanada: 205 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.