Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 slices Kerrygold Swiss cheese
- 5 slices deli corned beef
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; layer with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut to within 1/2-in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Trim ends and cut crosswise into 16 slices. Place on greased baking sheets, cut side down. Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Serve with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 114 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 29, 2019
Mar 23, 2019
Okay, let me be honest. This is a 5 star recipe, just not as written. It needs more sauerkraut to get that Ruben flavor, and in the future (yes, I'll be making this again), I'll increase the sauerkraut maybe even to a full cup. Second, there is no way in hell this is going to make 16 spirals. Mine were even thinner than those pictured, and I was lucky to get a yield of 10. So, with that out of the way, the bottom line on these is that they are freaking FANTASTIC! It's a clever and tasty creation that was given an enthusiastic thumbs up at the table. My judge agrees, however that it needs more sauerkraut. The only modification I made was cooking them on parchment paper instead of a greased surface. I've learned that's almost always the better option with puff pastry. All in all, this is a great recipe that just needs a little tweak to make it stellar!
Mar 17, 2019
Very easy to make. Tasty if you use the dressing. if you don't use the dressing, they can be a little dry. Maybe a little butter brushed on top before baking or a little bit of mustard spread on the cheese and corned beef before baking? Otherwise, it is great to bring to a potluck.