Fans of the classic Reuben sandwich will go crazy for baked pastry spirals of corned beef, Swiss and sauerkraut. They're so easy to make, and bottled Thousand Island dressing makes the perfect dipping sauce. —Cheryl Snavely, Hagerstown, Maryland
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 5 slices deli corned beef
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; layer with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut to within 1/2-in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Trim ends and cut crosswise into 16 slices. Place on greased baking sheets, cut side down. Sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- 2. Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Serve with salad dressing.
1 appetizer: 114 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC