Raisin Sauce for Ham
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in the water, raisins, vinegar, lemon juice and zest until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter until melted. Serve warm over sliced ham.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 114 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jan 21, 2018
Mar 24, 2016
Made this today to prepare for Easter ham. I'ts so good I want to drink it!
Mar 30, 2012
I have been using this recipe for a couple years. It has become a family favorite and a tradition to serve this sauce with holiday ham dinners. Delicious!
Mar 24, 2008
Delicious recipe! Mine came out brown, like gravy, perhaps because I had dark brown sugar? Very easy to make.
Jan 20, 2008
Very awesome recipe!! I added Craisins because I didn't have raisins and it was teriffic!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.