Over-the-Border Shrimp Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, green chilies, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Place 1/3 cup shrimp mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour salsa over the top; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 417 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2019
Next time we make this, we will omit the salsa and add crab meat! Very good recipe.
Nov 28, 2018
Tasted great. I think more shrimp and a little less salsa would make it even better.