Over-the-Border Shrimp Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, green chiles, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Place 1/3 cup shrimp mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour salsa over the top; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 417 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Nov 30, 2019
I make this exact recipe only I use green verde sauce in place of salsa and queso melting cheese in place of Monterey Jack. I also had crab meat.
Feb 12, 2019
Next time we make this, we will omit the salsa and add crab meat! Very good recipe.
Nov 28, 2018
Tasted great. I think more shrimp and a little less salsa would make it even better.