Over-the-Border Shrimp Enchiladas
These enchiladas have a bit of a kick, thanks to chili powder and green chiles, but the deliciously creamy sauce balances it all. —Beverly O'Ferrall, Linkwood, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, green chiles, chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Place 1/3 cup shrimp mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour salsa over the top; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 417 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 809mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Over the Border Shrimp Tortillas in Taste of Home December 2018
Feb 12, 2019
Next time we make this, we will omit the salsa and add crab meat! Very good recipe.
Nov 28, 2018
Tasted great. I think more shrimp and a little less salsa would make it even better.