Give tender beef a festive touch with cinnamon, cloves, coriander and a kiss of sweetness from orange and dates. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep:10 min. Cook: 7-1/4 hours
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place brisket in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over brisket. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until tender.
- Transfer brisket to a platter; keep warm. Discard cinnamon stick. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a blender, cover and process cooking juices until pureed; pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce.
Freeze option: Place brisket in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef with 1/3 cup sauce: 500 calories, 29g fat (11g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Orange Spiced Brisket in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2015