Give tender beef a festive touch with cinnamon, cloves, coriander and a kiss of sweetness from orange and dates. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep:10 min. Cook: 7-1/4 hours
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place brisket in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over brisket. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until tender.
- Transfer brisket to a platter; keep warm. Discard cinnamon stick. Skim fat from cooking juices. In a blender, cover and process cooking juices until pureed; pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with sauce.
Freeze option: Place brisket in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.