Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) rice pilaf mix with toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Prepare pilaf according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add peas and mushrooms; cook and stiruntil tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in rice.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 177 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2017
This came out really tasty! I substituted a box mix of wild and brown rice pilaf since that is what I had on hand, didn't change anything else, will make again for sure!
Nov 9, 2016
this is my kind of go to recipe on busy nights. it goes together quickly and my family really like it. i plan to make this again and again
Jul 19, 2014
What more can you say but excellent. I could not find rice pilaf with almonds; so I bought some without and just roasted a small amount on the side in a small fry pan and then added them to the mixture at the end.