Mexican Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Pat into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or a thermometer reaches 160°. Top with warm picante sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 280 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 28, 2017
Had this for dinner tonight and we really enjoyed it. Changes I made were, decreased the milk to 1/2 cup,& added some pepper jack cheese on top when it was done and put in the oven just long enough to melt.
Jul 20, 2014
I added 1 cup of shredded cheese mixed in for added taste and texture. It did take longer than the original recipe. And added picante on top before cooking. Next time will cook at 375.
Feb 27, 2013
I followed the recipe exactly as written. We found the texture to me mushy compared to a traditional meat loaf and a traditional meat loaf is more flavorful in our opinion.
Sep 15, 2012
I used ground turkey and crushed tortilla chips instead of the bread crumbs and omitted the salt & pepper.Taco seasoning replaced the chili powder and I added a can of mild green chiles as well.
Apr 5, 2012
My family loves this meatloaf recipe! Thank you for sharing!
May 11, 2010
This is very simple and tasty. It took a little longer to bake than the recipe indicated, but overall this is a very good recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.