Mexican Meat Loaves
Using plenty of tasty taco ingredients, Tena Huckleby makes miniature meat loaves extra special. The Greeneville, Tennessee cook serves them with sour cream and sliced fresh avocado.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced ripe avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two loaves; place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
1 each: 392 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 1333mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC