Pepper Jack Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over meat to within 1/2 in. of sides. Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 6, 2015
Mmmm delish! After I read the reviews, I added an extra egg....c'est magnifique!
Sep 8, 2014
Very good, the pepper jack cheese gave it a great flavor. I also topped it with a little salsa for extra flavor.
Aug 14, 2013
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine 9 years ago. I just love it and my little girl even loves it! Very flavorful and easy to make. It's a keeper for sure!
Jun 10, 2011
the first time I made this I thought it was a litttle dry so the next time I only used a half of a cup of breadcrumbs and added a half of a cup of salsa to the meat mixture. Big improvement in taste and texture
Feb 10, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.